This multidisciplinary Master’s programme provides an extensive breakdown of social sciences and humanities in Latin America. The programme’s graduates established jobs in research, journalism, teaching, and policy formula and implementation both in government agencies and NGOs.
Due to , there could have been updates for this programme for the 2020 educational 12 months. Where there’s been an upgrade, these are suggested with a red alert and a web link that may offer more information.
Modes and timeframe
Tuition costs (2020/21)
Note on charges: The tuition costs shown are when it comes to year indicated above. Charges for subsequent years may increase or otherwise differ. More information on cost status, cost increases and also the charge schedule can be looked at from the UCL Students site.
Typically an upper second-class Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate control from the British college or an international certification of a standard that is equivalent. a fundamental reading competence in Spanish or Portuguese is desirable. Students without such abilities could be considered but they are encouraged to try a language that is separate just before or through the programme.
English language demands
When your training is not conducted into the English language, you’ll be likely to show proof of a sufficient amount of english proficiency.
The English language degree because of this programme is: Good
More information are available on our English language demands web page.
Country-specific information, including information on whenever representatives that are UCL visiting your area of the globe, can be had through the International Students web site.
Global candidates will find out of the comparable certification for their nation by choosing through the list below.
Choose your nation:
About it level
According to their plumped for aspects of specialisation, students will establish analytical and critical views on multidisciplinary areas of Latin US history, politics and worldwide relations, anthropology, geography and ecological issues, and economics, along with cultural studies. They are going to gain research that is key, along with in-depth understanding of current debates in neuro-scientific Latin American Studies.
Pupils undertake modules to your value of 180 credits.
The programme is made of one core module (15 credits), five optional modules (75 credits), and also the research dissertation (90 credits).
Take note: All optional modules are susceptible to supply.
Upon effective completion of 180 credits, you will be granted a MA in Latin American Studies.
Take note that record of modules offered let me reveal indicative. These records is published a few years in|time that is long advance of enrolment and module content and supply is susceptible to alter.
- Researching the Americas
Students choose five choice modules from that features the immediate following:
- Confronting the Colossus: US Anti-imperialism, 1945-present
- Democratization in Latin America
- Records of Exclusion: Race and Ethnicity in Latin America
- Globalisation and Latin American Developing
- The International Politics of Latin America
- Latin economics that are american
- State and Community in Latin America: Ethnographic Views
- The Caribbean through the Haitian Revolution towards the Cuban Revolution
- Cash and Politics in Latin America
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Transitional Justice
- Politics, community and developing when you look at the contemporary Caribbean
- The Latin American City: Personal Issues and Personal Improvement In Urban Area
- Sustainable developing in Latin America in addition to Caribbean
- The Politics of Human Rights in Latin America: Challenges to Democratisation
- The Generating of Contemporary Latin America: History, Politics and Society
- Challenges to Developing in Brazil
- Gender, Politics, and Public Policy in Latin America
Pupils may select no more than 30 credits from other divisions or off their University of London colleges, susceptible to the Programme Director’s approval.
All pupils compose a dissertation of 15,000 terms on an investigation subject of the choice for this topic section of one of their taught modules.
A number of our MasterвЂ™s students undertake fieldwork in order to execute research for his or her dissertation jobs.